ProTaper's ADV handlebars give you a bar taller than most with extra space on the control portion of the bar. These bars provide an additional 20mm of space next to where your levers and throttle are located for your GPS, phone cradle, auxiliary switches, etc . They come in Adventure (which is taller than stock) and Adventure High (which is even taller).
These are oversize bars, which means they are are 1 1/8", not the smaller 7/8" diameter. Therefore some bikes will require a adapter and there are several available to select from.
Using the same manufacturing techniques and materials as ProTaper’s industry-changing 1⅛" motocross handlebar, the EVO Adventure is specifically designed to provide adventure/touring riders with the increased comfort and control they need. With over 8" of straight section in the control areas, mounting vital components is made easier than ever. With its premium 7000 series aluminum alloy construction and computer-profiled four millimeter-thick wall design, the EVO Adventure Handlebar is up to 25% lighter and 45% stronger than competing handlebars.
- 1⅛" tubing at the clamping area
- Exclusive 4 mm-thick 7000 series aluminum alloy for superior tensile and yield strengths
- Optimum balance between fatigue life, impact strength, and impact-absorbing flex
- High-tech shot peened, stress-relieved, and anodized finish for unmatched durability
- Independent lab tests show that the EVO Handlebar leads the market in fatigue life
- Epoxy inner coating resists corrosion
- Chemically applied cut lines and alignment grid are scratch- and peel-resistant
- Plastic bar end plugs keep the elements out and provide a stronger base for grip ends
- Weighs only 1.55-1.7 lbs. (720-780 grams), depending on bend