TW200 Taillight/License Plate Bracket Installation Instructions
(See available PDF for printable version)
Taillight / License plate bracket, 1 LED taillight, 3 male bullet connectors.
6mm wrench, 10mm socket, 17mm wrench, removable thread locking compound, wire cutters and crimping tool.
- Remove your license plate from your stock taillight assembly. (keep track of your hardware.)
- Unplug the bullet style connectors on your rear taillights. (note which wires plug in where)
- Slide the rubber covers off of the inside of the taillights and remove the nuts holding them in place with a 17mm wrench. Pull each taillight off and set them aside for now.
- On the underside of the rear fender you will find two bolts holding the stock taillight assembly to the subframe of the TW200, remove these two bolts with a 10mm socket, be careful taking out the last bolt as there are still three wires connecting the taillight to the motorcycle and you don’t want the weight of the taillight assembly jerking on those wires, so support the assembly as you remove the last bolt.
- Unplug the three bullet connectors connected to the taillight and set the stock assembly aside.
- On the underside of the rear fender, you’ll find two more bolts (approx. 2 inches further forward) like the ones you removed previously. Remove these two bolts with the 10mm socket, noting that these are slightly longer than the previous ones so keep them straight.
- Re-install your turn signals and plug them back into their connectors.
- Hold the new ProCycle Taillight bracket into position under the rear fender and thread all four bolts into place only finger tight. Step back and make sure the bracket looks straight. When you like its position, tighten all four bolts with the 10mm socket.
- Remove the two small nuts and washers from the back of the new LED taillight, keep track of this tiny hardware, they are hard to find on the shop floor.
- Hold the new taillight into position, the large hole in the center is for the wires to pass through. Take note of how much length you should trim from the wires on the back of the taillight. Leave yourself some slack to ensure the connections are easy to make.
- Pull the new taillight back off and trim the wires to the length you came up with. Strip the wires and crimp the male bullet connectors onto all three wires.
- Install the LED taillight. Please note, there are 3 or 4 LED bulbs that point down on the underside of the taillight, these are for lighting up your license plate. Make sure they are pointed down when you install the taillight. Put a drop of thread locking compound on each stud of the taillight and tighten the nuts with a 6mm wrench. Do not over tighten, the taillight is made of plastic.
- Connecting the bullet connectors for the taillight may take a little trial and error to get them hooked up correctly. On most of the LED taillights we supply the yellow wire is for ground, the black is for the taillight, and the red wire is for the brake light. However, this can vary! On some models of the TW200 the black wire is for ground, the blue wire is for the brake light, and the red wire is for the taillight. But again, please note, this may not the same on all LED lights and all TW200’s. You can use a test light to verify the wires on your TW200 to make sure. You won’t hurt the LED light by hooking it up wrong, it just won’t work until you get each wire hooked up correctly.
- Install your license plate onto the new ProCycle bracket.
Test all your lights, then go for a ride!