DR650 SS1 Muffler Installation Instructions
(See available PDF for printable version)
- Remove your stock muffler.
- Set aside all the hardware. (You will not re-use any of it.)
- Slide the new mid-pipe into your headpipe without use of a joint gasket.
- Loosely install the 6x30 bolt and washer at the lower pipe mount.
- Loosely install the 8x16 bolt in the upper pipe mount.
- Apply anti-seize to the inside of the end of the mid-pipe.
- Slide the into the mid-pipe.
- Hook the springs through the brackets and onto the loops on the mid-pipe.
- Apply the insulating silicone tape to the inside of the hanger strap.
- Wrap the hanger strap around the muffler body. Use the 8x30 bolt to attach the strap and spacer. The spacer fits between the strap and the muffler mount on the frame.
- Once everything is in place snug up the headpipe clamp and all the mounting bolts. We recommend pinching down the hooked ends on the springs so that harmonic vibrations do not cause them to come off.