GSXR Mid-Pipe Kit Installation Instructions
DR650 GSXR Mid-Pipe Installation Instructions
(See available PDF for printable version)
- Remove your stock muffler.
- Set aside all the hardware, you will not re-use any of it.
- Slide the new mid-pipe into your headpipe without use of a joint gasket.
- Loosely install the 6x30 bolt and washer at the lower pipe mount.
- Loosely install the 8x16 bolt in the upper pipe mount.
- Attach the adapter to your GSXR muffler with the 8mm nuts (don't forget to install a sealing ring).
- Apply anti-seize to the inside of the adapter tube.
- Slide the adapter & muffler onto the mid-pipe.
- Hook the springs through the small holes in the adapter plate and onto the loops on the mid-pipe.
- Wrap the hanger strap around the muffler body. Use the 8x50 bolt to attach the strap and spacers. One spacer fits between the two ears of the hanger strap the other spacer fits between the strap and the muffler mount on the frame.
- NOTE - on some GSXR mufflers the original welded-on hanger bracket will be in the way and have to be cut or ground off to make room for the hanger strap.
- Once everything is in place snug up the headpipe clamp and all the mounting bolts.