DR650 Dash Indicator Relocation Bracket Installation Instructions
(See available PDF for printable version)
NOTE: There is a harness retainer band clamp at the right side of the headlight. Remove this while doing the installation to allow the harness to move around. Reinstall after you have finished.
- Slide the rubber up and off the ignition switch housing. Unplug the 3 white connectors from the bottom of the indicator panel (they just pull straight out).
- Remove the 2 screws from the bottom of the rubber retainer. Separate the panel from the rubber. (You can elect to not modify/reinstall the rubber surround. You will need to provide shorter mounting screws if you do not reinstall the rubber surround.)
- Cut the rubber between the ignition switch portion and the light holder. A band saw works well. You can also use a sharp box cutter. You will want to trim the rubber bridge portion for a clean install.
- Reinstall the rubber around the ignition switch. Install the screw you removed.
- Position the indicator panel over the relocation bracket. Slide the rubber retainer over the bottom section as it was originally. Reinstall the 2 screws removed.
- Reconnect the lights into their proper receptacle locations.
- Remove the front 2 handlebar clamp bolts.
- Loosen the rear handlebar clamp bolts.
- The relocation bracket will slide into the forward gap between the upper triple clamp and the handlebar hold down clamp (where you removed the bolts).
- Reinstall the front 2 handle bar clamp bolts and tighten the bolts down to hold the bracket.
- Tighten the rear handlebar clamp bolts last.
- Check to make sure the handlebars tighten sufficiently to not rotate. If they do rotate, you will need to file or grind one side of the mating area of front handlebar clamp to allow enough clamping force so they do not move. Remove a very small amount of material until the handlebars are tight. Should not be required with the stock bars.