Lubricants, Chemicals, Supplies
We have collected up our favorite lubricants and chemical products. These are things we here at ProCycle personally like and use. Looking for something more? Drop us a line. We have access to thousands of other oils, fluids, cleaners, etc.
The best product for those surfaces that mate together without a gasket. Like center cases, cam covers and the like.
- Tough, durable sealer utilizing silicone rubber as a primary component
- Ideal for applications where a long-lasting, faultless seal is absolutely critical
- 3.5 oz. tube
QuikSteel is a two component epoxy resin in a single stick; the outer layer is the epoxy and the core the activator.
It cures by chemical reaction initiated by kneading the putty until epoxy and activator are thoroughly mixed. It will set hard in any atmospheric conditions, even immersed in fluids, within 15-30 minutes and achieve full chemical cure within 1 hour.
QuikSteel adheres to and bonds virtually all solid surfaces including metals, wood, masonry, glass and most plastics. It is resistant to temperatures between -70°C and +260°C and once cured is impervious to most acids and solvents (including gasoline and diesel), and can be drilled, sawn, ground, filed, tapped, sanded and painted once it has cured.
Stabilizes gas for short and long term periods of inactivity (up to two years) while preventing the formation of varnish. Eliminates carbon buildup in fuel delivery system and exhaust components. Increases octane and removes water from the fuel, making it the perfect solution to prevent and eliminate ethanol (E-10) fuel problems. 8 oz bottle treats 48 gallons of fuel.
- Cures and prevents ethanol fuel problems
- Helps prevent phase separation
- Makes engines start easily, run smooth
Dielectric Grease is an insulating silicone grease designed to insulate and protect electrical connections. Pack it into the back side of electrical connectors to protect them from moisture and corrosion. Do not put it directly on the connection surfaces.
- Protects electrical connections and wiring from salt, dirt and corrosion.
- Prevents voltage leaks around any electrical connection.
- Extends the life of bulb sockets.
- Suggested Applications: Marine and automotive electrical connections, spark plug boots, trailer hitches, battery terminals.
A highly refined blend of aluminum, copper and graphite lubricants. Use during assembly to prevent galling, corrosion and seizing due to weathering or chemicals. Anti-Seize assures easier disassembly. Temperature range: -60°F to 1600°F (-50°C to 870°C). Salt, corrosion and moisture resistant – ideal for marine use. Meets Mil Spec #907E.
Slime Tube Sealant is formulated and tested for use in all tube tires. Once installed, Slime remains liquid and will not harden or dry out. Slime is guaranteed for 2 years.
As the Slime treated tube rotates, centrifugal force pushes the sealant to the tread area creating a layer of protection, repairing punctures as they occur and treating existing punctures. Slime is not intended for use in tubes losing pressure from sidewall punctures, bead leaks, damaged rims or faulty valves. Slime for tube type tires is not recommended for use in tubeless tires.
- Prevents and repairs punctures up to1/8".
- Remains liquid inside the tire, coating the tread area as the tire rotates.
- Non-toxic, non-hazardous, non-flammable, non-aerosol and water soluble.
- Tubes treated with Slime can be patched with a conventional vulcanized patch using a bit of patience and care.
No Toil rim grease is a high viscosity, non petroleum based compound specially engineered to provide the ultimate filter rim to air box seal.
- Non toxic, Waterproof
- Easy cleaning in seconds with water and No Toil cleaner
Evans Waterless Coolant (EWC) can be used for all water cooled motorcycles to eliminate overheating. With a boiling point in excess of 375° F, it will not vaporize, thus eliminating overheating, boil-over and after-boil. At the other end of the spectrum, EWC freezes below -40° F.
EWC also delivers more power by eliminating pre-ignition and detonation caused by overheating improving combustion efficiency. It also generates very low vapor pressures which reduces strain on cooling system components. EWC comes in 1/2 gal. containers.
Installation requires just a bit more than dumping the old fluid and adding the EWC. Please click on the 'Instructions' button below to see those directions.
When converting an engine from a water-based coolant to Evans Waterless Coolant (EWC), great care should be given during the installation (conversion) process to insure that all of the old water-based coolant is removed before installing new EWC.
There are a number of methods to use depending on the machine layout and ones mechanical abilities. If you are not comfortable with removing your thermostat and working on the entire cooling system, it is acceptable to drain your system as best as possible, and follow the instructions below.
- Begin with a cold engine.
- All of the old antifreeze must be removed from the cooling system. Conventional antifreeze contains water and water contaminates. DO NOT flush with water. (If the system is badly corroded or contaminated with non-coolant products [i.e. rust, oil, dirt, etc.], you may flush with water and use a chemical cooling system cleaner. More care will be needed to ensure that all the water is then fully removed.)
- Drain cooling system including expansion tank according to the owner's manual.
- If possible, remove a low hose connection, typically at the coolant pump, and blow air in through the radiator or system-fill opening to push out all the old antifreeze. A high-volume air source is preferred over high pressure air. If compressed air is used to help remove the old coolant and water, be aware that it can damage cooling system components. The use of high volume, low pressure air is preferred because it is safer, and in most cases, more effective.
- Close up drains, attach any hoses that were removed, and fill system fully with EWC. Run engine until thermostat opens and fluid is circulated thoroughly. Allow engine to cool to relieve any possible water vapor pressure.
- Drain system and blow out as well as you can again.
- Close up drains, attach hoses, and fill system with EWC. Fill expansion tank to cold line. Check fluid level after initial operation.
Dispose of drained fluid responsibly. Treat EWC the same as antifreeze for disposal purposes.
EWC expands 7% at operating temperature, about the same as antifreeze. If there is no expansion tank on the system, the radiator will purge a small amount upon warm up. Once cooled, this is now the system's operating level.
EWC is a blend of glycols and so it is compatible with the chemicals in antifreeze so that if you must add water to your system in the case of an emergency, the mixture will perform the same as antifreeze and no worse.
ThreeBond 1342 low strength thread locking compound. This is the ideal retaining compound for small nuts and bolts. Fasteners are held securely but can be easily removed when necessary. ThreeBond gives this a number 4 rating for exposure to engine oil making it a good choice for internal fasteners as well as external fasteners. 10ml bottle.
Permatex Gasket Remover will help you remove that stubborn gasket without having to scrape so much, possibly damaging surfaces. Prepares surfaces for new gaskets. Give it plenty of time to soak in.
This is a weatherproof protectant for wiring and electrical connections. Goes on as a liquid and dries to a vinyl polymer that resists dirt, dust, chemicals and moisture, ensuring that connections stay intact. Brush-top applicator allows coverage without gaps and enables access to tight spaces that roll tape and shrink tubing can't get to.
A new innovative product from Motul. This chain lube comes in a brush applicator squeeze-tube bottle. It makes applying chain lube easy and less messy than spray on lubes. Chain Paste is easy to carry with you on those long trips.
This advanced filter oil kit by No Toil is alcohol free, completely biodegradable and compatible with all foam filters.
- Offers superior protection
- Waterproof yet easy to clean
A six step maintenance system designed to recharge any K&N air filter
- Completely restores airflow efficiency
- Kit includes filter oil, and filter cleaner
Goes on wet but evaporates to leave a dry moly film. This unique dry film won't attract dirt or dust, is highly resistant to water, and prevents rust and corrosion. It is the perfect lubricant to use on brake and clutch cables. Includes applicator needle to get into cables, locks and anything else that needs dry lubrication.
We like red high temperature silicone for use as an adhesive. It is much stronger and sticks better than the standard stuff. The resistance to temperatures up to 650°F is a bonus. Sold in a 3 oz tube.
Filling and bleeding a Magura hydraulic clutch does not need to be a routine chore and should only need to be done when air infiltration within the system is suspected. Magura uses mineral oil, which does not absorb moisture from the environment, to lubricate the whole system Note: Magura hydraulic systems use ONLY mineral oil. Do not introduce DOT fluid of any kind into a hydraulic system designed to use mineral oil as this will cause corrosion to the internal seals and system failure may result. The only time anyone should ever need to replace the hydraulic fluid in a Magura system is following a hydraulic line exchange, a system upgrade, a crash which has damaged the system components or in a situation where a lack of fluid within the system has been diagnosed by poor lever feel.
If you do need to bleed your Magura hydraulic system, their custom made kit does indeed make that chore easier. Click here to see that kit.
A 1 Liter bottle of light viscosity 3w shock oil. This is enough to rebuilt your shock if you have ordered a new shock head, or just need to replace the old fluid.
Bel-Ray's Super DOT 4 brake fluid is specially formulated to exceed all DOT 3 & DOT 4 specifications. What this means to you is exceptional resistance to vapor lock and maintaining consistent lever feel during hard brake use. This 12 ounce bottle is enough to finish just about any job.
- Formulated for hydraulic brake systems
- Mixes with all fluids meeting DOT 3 and DOT 4 specifications
- Boiling point: dry 446°F, wet 311°F
- For brake systems and hydraulic clutches, except systems using mineral base fluids
Time to freshen up your forks? Here is some high quality fork oil that will do just that. For most situations you will use 10w Fork Oil. Some custom applications will use the 5w or 15w oil.
Bel-Ray Waterproof Grease is the legendary high-performance, multi-purpose grease. Superior water resistance, even in salt water, will ensure continued sealing and protection. Perfect for wheel bearings, headsets, shock linkages, swing arm pivots and other motorcycle, ATV, snowmobile and marine chassis lubrication points. Due to its aluminum complex formula, it won't melt or run out. Enhanced mechanical stability and special anti-wear additives protect and lubricate bearings for improved performance. Sold in a 16 oz. tub.
A handy addition to the tool box or in your traveling pack. This is amazing stuff! Rub a little bit of the paste onto your dirty hands and it lifts the dirt right off. A little more rubbing turns it into dry flakes that brush away. M4 Hands Clean is not messy or greasy.
Removes splattered insects and organic residues (bird droppings) from wind screens, fairings, paint, metal, mirrors and motorcycle plastics. Like all the other Motul products that we like so much, Insect Remover is amazing. Spray it on and let it sit for a few minutes. It softens and dissolves bug remains much better than other cleaning products.
Moto Wash is a powerful cleaner and degreaser made by Motul. Safe on all paint, metallic components and plastics. Leaves a corrosion resistant film.
If you're like us, you've tried everything to clean bugs and grime off your helmet shield. Soap and water works great, but the worst bug attacks seem to know just when to strike, in the middle of nowhere, and don't even think about wiping that glove across that bug splat.
Cycle Wipes are pre-moistened and pre-folded towelettes made with a special non-woven "Dirt-Grabbing Mesh Fabric," which is a fancy way to say that they are soft, gentle, durable, and a lot safer than that old rag or paper towel. Their formula contains no harmful ammonia and is specifically formulated for motorcycle use as an all purpose cleaner for plastic surfaces, especially helmet face shields. Of course they also work great to clean up other bug blasted areas of your motorcycle, like headlights, turn signals, and auxiliary lighting.
Cycle Wipes are packaged 12 to a re-sealable envelope designed to keep them moist until ready to use. They are compact and convenient and easily stored in a jacket, tank bag or pocket. Grab a wipe, remove the bugs and continue your ride. Although Cycle Wipes are very gentle, remove gritty dirt and abrasive particles prior to cleaning. Cycle Wipes are not recommended for use with visor inserts.
- Synthetic spray wax technology
- Outstanding gloss, clarity, depth, and slickness
- Use on any hard surface including plastics, rubber, glass, chrome, paint, and fiberglass
- Fills minor scratches and cob-webbing