- 12mm wrench
- Phillips head screwdriver
- Terminal Crimper, or a pair of Pliers
- Wire Strippers or scissors
- Heat gun or hair dryer
Tools Needed to Install:
- Remove the 4 screws holding the battery box, 2 on each side, then lift up and pull out to remove.
Remove Battery Box
Replacing Turn signal Flasher
- Find the grey and black pair of wires coming from the stock flasher. Clip the ends off. Remove the flasher from the rubber mount.
- Strip the insulation off the ends of the black and gray wires and crimp on the flat connectors to the ends of the wires.
- Hookup your new LED flasher unit. The gray wire connects to the L terminal, Black wire to the P terminal, and the green wire that came with the flasher to the G terminal. Connect the other end of the green wire to the negative battery terminal.
- Remove your stock turnsignals, unplugging them from the scooter's harness. The front turnsignals unplug on the left side by the ECU; the rear signals are under the taillight housing.
- Install the rear turnsignals, directly hooking them up in the back. Black wires into green ground wire. The left signal(from riding position) wire hooks into the orange wire; the right signal wire to the blue wire.
- Install the shrink tubing to the front turn signal wires (cosmetic) by slipping the the shrink tubing over the wires and then heating them with a hair dryer till they are tight.
- Plug the ends of the signal wires into the wire extensions then plug those into the scooter's wiring harness. Black wires to green ground; left turn signal wire to orange wire; right turn signal wire to blue wire.
- For led signals to flash properly we need to connect the diode kit to the turn signal indicator. Getting to the indicator wires can be a bit tricky as they are buried behind the ECU next to the steering column. They are the same color as the turn signal wires (Blue & Orange). They are joined together in the middle so pull them apart and out where you can access them.
- Attach the connectors in the kit to the diode kit wires. To get a good bite strip more wire off and fold the wire over itself. The male bullet connectors go on the red wires; the female bullet connector on the blue wire. The other female bullet goes on one end of the black wire and the spade on the other end.
- Connect the red wires to the bottom Blue & Orange wires. Connect the blue wire to the top Blue wire.
- The black wire connects to the top orange wire and then goes to ground. There is a bolt nearby that works as a ground connection.
Hookup the Diode Kit
- Test your signals to ensure the wire connections function properly. If both left and right signals flash at the same time then the diode kit is not hooked up properly.
- Replace the battery box and enjoy your new LED signals!